Monday, March 5, 2012

romance from my accountant

One very, very late night Aaron worked a few weeks ago I got this lovely string of text messages from him over the course of the night.  Romance in true CPA style. 

  • You're a lot like inventory.  I just can't stop observing you. 
  • You must be a custom report because there is nothing standard about you!
  • You must be a fraud risk because you just misappropriated my heart.
  • You're my material weakness. 
  • My trial balance just won't balance without you. 
  • Baby, you don't have to give me a query to generate my love for you.
Accounting is either making him less romantic or funnier.  :)  Love you, babe!

7 comments:

aaron wilkinson said...

You continue to prove to me that our love will always be a Going Conern. :) I love you!

Janssen said...

This is awesome.

Don't you love those nights where you wake up when they come home and say "What TIME is it?"

aaron wilkinson said...

Oh, and for those non-accounting minded individuals a "Going Concern" is a business that functions without the threat of liquidation for the foreseeable future, usually regarded as at least within 12 months.

Yeah, our marriage is that awesome! :)

Darcy Grubaugh said...

Awwww...Accountants definitely have their own brand of humor and their own style of romance. Reading your blog made me smile and think of my husband who's an accountant too. Hehe!

Darcy Grubaugh

Suzanne said...

So I showed this to my husband (first year audit staff for Deloitte) and he thought it was fun and borrowed the phrase: "You're my material weakness". Thank you for this wonderful post!

Parris Moretti said...

Aren’t these the sweetest words? It's the language of a true accountant. It's a mix of love, humor and technical words woven together beautifully. How I wish I have someone who would say something like this to me. Haha.

Parris Moretti

sonna said...

Love it!! I was a little nervous at the title of the post, with personal texts about to be quoted, but that was too funny. love you guys :)