Thursday, March 22, 2012

pregnancy thoughts

I'd like to officially welcome myself to the 3rd trimester (earlier this week...)!  Just a few thoughts on this pregnancy for posterity's sake.

  • It took us about 14 months to get pregnant this time around.  Compared to... no months on the other 2 (okay... maybe a month or 2 with Van).  I'm really thankful it took us a while.  I'm not a newborn person - I really enjoy them more when they get to about 4 months - but I'm completely craving a newborn.  It's been a while and we worked really hard for this one.  I appreciate the experience of being pregnant more, too.  I feel like its the complete miracle it really is rather than something I'm just really happy to be doing.  I'm still crossing my fingers she's an Emery-style newborn, but if she's like her brother I will love, soothe and kiss her grumpy, crying little face more than should be legal.  And I can't wait. 
  • It's interesting the difference between babies - even in utero.  I feel her on the scale I felt Emery (who was a scrawny 6lb8oz baby) but nothing like the strong, forcefulness of her line backer brother (almost 2 lbs bigger at 8lb3oz).  He was a doozey to have kicking in there, I tell you.  I feel like she'll be somewhere in between weight-wise, but she's more girly and gentle like my Emery.  
  • I have had a really easy pregnancy.  I LOVE being pregnant with a girl (way more tired and sick with boys... and have to eat red meat in large man quantities)!  I don't even need 8 hours of sleep.  I wake up wide awake at 6 almost every morning, no matter what time I got to bed.  I'm not uncomfortable.  I'm so blessed.  I DO have my same pregnancy woes that I always have... heart burn (my babies have hair!), lots of braxton hicks contractions (since 15 weeks this time... whoa), those crazy middle of the night leg cramps, waking up with my hips aching when it's time to change sides (I'm clearly a back sleeper).  Same ones every time!  But really, that's a very short list.  I'll take it. 
  • Have I mentioned how much I love my doctor?  I was really dreading the blood glucose test.  It's so gross.  Much to my surprise my doctor said she wasn't worried at all about me having gestational diabetes and she isn't going to make me do the test.  YES!!!  Dream come true.  And she's just great all around. 
  • Girl names are easier for us.  Or I guess I should say USED to be easier.  And then my cute husband got really, really opinionated. :)  He has pretty much eliminated all names but one.  And now that's what we all call her.  Argh.  I don't like to name my babies before they are born.  (I recently added another name we both like to the list, but I think only to comfort myself with options.  I think I'll have a full scale rebellion on my hands if we don't stick with this name!)
  • Emery is an angel.  And her brother is a little stinker.  People stare at me chasing after him with my belly bouncing around.  :)  Ha.  
  • Last, but not least, I can't believe I'm almost 29 weeks already.  Let the single week count down begin!  I can't believe she'll be here for us to hold and squeeze and snuggle so soon.  Her little life is a miracle and we can't wait to meet her!

6 comments:

Kari-Lynn said...

I can so relate with you. It took us awhile to get pregnant with our 3rd as well. It was so hard to go through but let me tell you, it is worth the wait. I have enjoyed every minute..well, almost every minute...definitely more than i did the first 2 times. I am so excited for you :)

Janssen said...

So excited for you! You guys make CUTE children.

Sammy said...

I love that I'm not the only one that openly admits that I'm a 4month old and up baby lover. But I'm with you having learned a lot this pregnancy I'm so grateful. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see how adorable this little girl is. And if she's anything like the other two we'll know right away she's a Wilkinson!!!

lacee k said...

Just make sure you keep enjoying the pregnancy until June 10th k?! :) Love you Britty!

HW said...

I mostly love it that you welcomed yourself into your third trimester. No one else does that for you, do they? Fun thoughts.

Christian said...

WOOT! With biceps like Aaron's you need a few more kids for him to feel like he's really working out when he lifts them all! HA! J/K
Enjoyed reading up on the updates. Keep em coming.