We started an adventure blog to track all of our fun adventures in Cedar City. We feel so lucky to be so close to so many fun things that we decided we'd better take advantage of them while we are here. I'm hoping this will help me journal too, since that seems to be a struggle for me. Click on the pic on our side bar to visit it! We'll update it regularly. And email us if you want to come adventure with us! We'd love to have you.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
So we've had some confusion from our further away friends as to what we'll be doing in Cedar City. We moved to Cedar City for Aaron to attend SUU for 8 months and complete his MA in Accounting. He'll be done in the end of December, so it is a short stay, but we're loving it already.
One of the things we love about it most - our new apartment!! I fondly refer to it as "The Palace". It is amazing. Here are a few pictures and the things I love about it:
- my huge kitchen counter
- I have a pantry
- I have a dishwasher!
- no stairs
- close laundry (again with no stairs between)
- our little porch where we have some veggies growing
- the big hallway Emery can run down
- Em has her own "big girl room"
- we have our own room
- a bathroom we can all comfortably occupy at once
- "the nook" - a small area that isn't a bedroom, but easily stores the sewing machine and lots of boxes I don't plan on unpacking at all while we're here - and they're completely out of sight!!!!
- Wal-Mart, Smiths and Albertsons are all less than 5 minutes away, and so is school for Aaron
Posted by BrittWilk at 9:53 AM
Sunday, May 10, 2009
my friend whitney is an amazing photographer. she took these pics of em week before last (except for the ones at the duck pond with her in the hat - she took those sometime before christmas). she's such a funny girl - she's such a focused adventurer it was impossible to get her to smile. little turkey. whitney took her on a walk while i packed - thanks again, whitney! luckily her scowl is pretty cute. check out her website - it's on my sidebar too. www.whitneylewisphotography.com
Posted by BrittWilk at 8:35 AM
Saturday, May 9, 2009
so i'm way bigger way faster this pregnancy. here's a comparison shot, just for fun. i'm pushing 18 weeks now, but these are 16 week shots.
Posted by BrittWilk at 8:14 AM
i'll start trying to catch up after the big move to cedar city! 1st matter of business - our trip to arches with the Dicous and the Williams' before we left. we seriously had a blast!
Posted by BrittWilk at 7:59 AM