Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Humpday!

Wow - already Wednesday again!  Time is flying around here!  Lots of reasons to be happy again today!

  • I read my scriptures this morning.  I've been bad about morning reading lately.  It really makes a difference in my day.  This morning I was reading in 2 Nephi 9 (Nephi quoting the Old Testament prophet Isaiah).  He's talking about all of these terrible things that people will do and be - evildoers, every mouth speaketh folly, no mercy on the widows and fatherless, etc.  And at the end of several verses it says "For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still."  This is part of what we were talking about after my Relief Society Meeting last night too.  This is a terrible world to live in sometimes.  The media makes everything look terrible and anything desireable unreachable.  Diseases like depression are rampant and are eating people alive.  It's so sad.  But the only person beating us over the head is us.  The Lord never is.  "His hand is stretched out still", just waiting for us to take it.  What a blessing it is to know that.  
  • This cousin party I'm hosting is going pretty well (cousin Miles is visiting from Massachusetts and is hanging out with us most of the day all week).  Em and Miles are having so much fun and are so cute together! And all 3 kids were asleep by 7 tonight.  They were wasted!
  • I got to talk to my SIL Amy tonight (Miles' mom, not Aaron's sister.  I know, 2 Amys.  I'm lucky.).  I really miss her.  I'm glad they love Massachusetts, but I sure miss having them close.  
  • We added another name to our very short list of baby names!!  That makes 2.  I think it just makes me feel better to have an alternate on there.  What if she comes out and I think - "Oh no!  She isn't a _________!"  There has to be an alternate. 
  • Book club tomorrow night.  Enough said.  Still Alice is the book for discussion.  Read it and be very afraid (for the future of your memory, that is).  I'm doing dessert for tomorrow night.  Pineapple cheesecake bars it is.  Yummo. 
  • This cute face.  Oh my goodness, those eyes melt me.  She 's showing dad that her burnt lip is getting better.  She was trying to "smell the cookies" fresh out of the oven and burnt her lip on the edge of the pan.  Poor girl.  

3 comments:

HW said...

I love that I can count on you to post at least every Wednesday! And I adore seeing pictures of your babies. Van in the big boy undies is a favorite. And I like to know the names you are considering. I always thought girl names were easier to come up with.

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

hahahahhaah the post below of Aaron's text are hilarious! I can't believe she burned her little lip!!! OUCH!! You know that had to hurt so badly! But I am pretty sure I would have done the same thing and I am almost a 25 yr old. ahhaha

Janssen said...

Wow, that is a SAD little lip!