Wednesday, April 18, 2012

February and March... and happy humpday!

Happy humpday!  I promise I've had many a happy Wednesday in my blogging off time... just no posting about them!  What makes me happy today?  Catching up on my blog.  :)  Here are some random things we did in February and March. 


1st family bike ride.  All of us on our own bikes.  We didn't go very far, but it was awesome and it made us feel like a real, legitimate family... instead of two silly people taking care of these really cute kids who everyone thinks are ours.  :)

Van picked his nose on the bike ride.  I know, you're shocked. 

Em and dad went on a date.  Just the two of them.  She insisted on getting all dressed up.  They went and got ice cream.   She got cotton candy ice cream and talked about the whole night for a week.  She loves her dad. 

Family dinner.  Uncle Bry has been around a lot.  Which we love.  He's hilarious.  The kids ADORE him.  And he makes ridiculous faces for pictures. 

I used underage child labor to get my house clean.  Thanks Van....

And Em and Jayne.   They actually did a really nice job of the kids' bathroom.  Hand a 4 and 5 year old girl pink rags and they'll do almost anything.

We had a yard makeover.  Just some lovely plants (that will eventually fill in the space), took out rocks and put in bark.  Very simple, but our space out there is so much cleaner and more appealing now!

We tested out the new rain gear we got the kids at end of season clearance at REI ($2.83 for each piece - tops and bottoms for both kids).  Worked great and we all had a blast running around in the rain!

We went to two shows - both for free.  I love free.  We saw Viva Elvis (a Cirque du Soleil show) with Aaron's co-workers in celebration of them completing the year-end City Center audit.  (Viva Elvis is AT City Center.)   In March we saw Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian compliments of some friends of ours... who got them free from another friend.   Both were really fun and now we feel like we can really call ourselves locals since we've seen a show together. 

1 comments:

HW said...

Oh, I love it when you blog! I love your kiddos and I think you are the cutest pregnant girl ever. And it made my heart happy to see "Uncle Bry". Thank you!