Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Thursday?

What?  Thursdays can be happy, too!!  It's been a busy week.  Aaron-less weeks are always lots better when they are busy!  I'm happy because....

  • ...my week has been so busy with fun things!  Girls Night Out for Relief Society.  Its not terribly often that I laugh that hard.  I thought I might burst.  Presidency Meeting.  Always so uplifting and fun.  Love those ladies.  And Book Club tonight.  We read Romancing Miss Bronte for this month.  It was wonderful.  
  • ...my kids BIKED today!  Like, really biked!  Emery is a non-aggressive biker and even though Van is aggressive sometimes he likes to opt for the trike even though he can ride the bike.  Van rode his at the park for an hour and then they both rode to a friend's house and back.  So fun.  They are getting so big.  I'm having visions of nursing this little baby girl in a camping chair in my driveway watching the other two bike around my culdesac.  How old am I?  My kids BIKE!  Whoa. See videos. 
  • ... locking my keys (and my son) in my car turned into the best day of Van's life.  Apparently if you lock a kid in the car it turns into an "emergency" of sorts and the fire department comes to break you into your car.  Van got to climb inside their truck.  And they turned on the lights and sirens and honked before they left.  Now he makes noises like a siren whenever he hears one. 
    Thanks, Henderson Fire Dept!
  • ...we tried potty training for a day.  As long as he's naked and we're home he's 100% in the potty.  Pee and poop.  Now I just have to stay home for 3 days to help him get the hang of it permanently.  If you know me, you know that's a big commitment.  I'm going to have to UNschedule to do it.  Yikes.  I'm really working on slowing down before this new baby comes, I promise.
    Caught him peeing behind a bench outside.  Awesome. 
  • ...I finally got this little girl signed up for a real dance class.  Tap and ballet.  With Jayne of course.  They are adorable and she's actually getting the hang of it.  It's so cute and she loves it.
  • ...I got to go on a date with my hubby last weekend compliments of Uncle D (aka Deloitte).  Aaron is a "buddy" to one of the interns and the company paid for us to take he and his wife out.  We ate at Chili's and then played laser tag.  The 4 of us wasted (I mean WASTED - 1900+ points to less than 500 points) a team of seven 15-year-old boys dressed in black.  And the pregnant girl got 2nd overall.  You should have seen the dad's face who was with the boys.  I didn't know I could get so much joy out of beating 15-year-olds at laser tag, but it was seriously fun.  And when I went to pick up the kids, the little Royals looked like this at Grandma and Pa's.  Spoiled. 
  • ...I think my kids are starting to play better together.  They normally don't play together.  She's really girly.  And he's really.... destructive.  And makes a lot of truck noises.  Princesses don't make truck noises.  But put them in the living room with a big pile of pillows, in the sand box or on their bikes and they are really starting to play together.  It's warming their mommy's heart. 
  • ....I got my hair done.  Whew. 
  • ...I have the best parents in the world.  And on top of it they adore my kids.  And my kids adore them. 
Sorry it's so long!!  I missed last week!

6 comments:

janaemadsen said...

Super impressed that your kids bike. :-)

Janssen said...

I love that you went to play laser tag. You guys rock.

Sarah Burrell said...

I will have to pick your brain when I see you in a few weeks on potty training. It is NOT going well with Joanna.

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Brit!! You are so beautiful!! Isn't laser tag the freaking best? You guys always do so many fun things and it makes me want to come and join you!!!

PS Just realized that neither Gian or I got back to you about that brunch you invited us too! I just wanted to say thank you so much for thinking of us!!! You are so thoughtful and I really wish we could have been able to attend!!! Next time we are in town we will have to find you guys to do something fun!!

HW said...

I loved every bit of this. I am so glad you are enjoying life. You've got to love it when you're living the dream! And I especially love your parents-you know your dad is my kids' Uncle D. He's awesome. And just for your information, kids keep getting older but the parents don't age. Especially not you.

"Thy eternal summer shall not fade, nor lose posession of that fair thou owest. Nor shall death brag thou wandrest in his shade when in eternal lines to time thou growest."

Jessica said...

I had to laugh when I saw that picture of Van peeing behind a bench (?)! Ha! Soooo funny. Soooo boy.