Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Love Day!

Confession: In the past I've been kind of a holiday party pooper (I'm talking the little holidays like Valentines or St. Patricks... I'm festive at Christmas, people!).  Or at least did not much of anything to make it special.  Well, my kids are getting old enough that I needed to do something about it.  So we tried to make Valentines Day special around here this time around.

Success!!  Here's what we did:

  • played Valentines Day games (hosted by Julie - thanks!) last night
  • made a tiny heart-shaped pies for FHE treat last night
  • they had Valentines from mom and dad when they got up
  • had pink heart-shaped pancakes and heart-shaped scrambled eggs for breakfast
    And breakfast is upside down.... hmm....
  • made heart-shaped muffins and delivered them with Valentines Emery wrote on to our family and a couple of friends
  • Van and Uncle Taylor
    Em and Aunt Chelsey
    Van took a million silly pics of his mom at lunch
  • met dad for lunch at In-N-Out to have lunch with Aunt Chelsey, Uncle Taylor and baby Diesel
  • went on a bike ride to deliver Valentines to Great Grandma and Grandpa
  • had heart-shaped grilled sandwiches w/ tomato soup for dinner-which Emery declared the best dinner I've ever made. I'm either losing my touch or she's bored of mom's busy season cooking strike. 
And just a quick note to my sweet Valentine who crawled in bed at 12:45 this morning.  You are the best man a girl could ever ask for.  Always thinking of your family 1st... even when you work 14 hour days.  So glad you're mine forever. 


And my cute hubby did the 12 days of Valentines day for me in the midst of all of this madness.  If you know us we aren't exactly gift-givers, so this was a fun and special treat!  Lots of my favorite treats, a CD of songs that remind him of me, cupcake liners (which I'm too cheap to buy but always want), a gift card to buy maternity clothes, a Cafe Rio gift card and even a new piece of bling!  You like my new ring?  My real wedding ring is too big for me much of the time so this (very inexpensive, lest you think the Wilkinsons aren't the Wilkinsons anymore) CZ beauty will reside on my finger during times of skinny fingers.  :)  I LOVE it!  :)  And it doesn't fall off.  Always a plus.  Oh, and flowers today.  I love fresh flowers on my table!

Hope you had a very Happy Valentines Day full of LOTS of LOVE!!!  

4 comments:

Janssen said...

I love the ring!

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't cook during busy season :)

The Rust said...

Wahoo for heart shaped meals day!!!! That's what we did too! How fun to have Taylor and Chels around. ALSO.... I heard you were coming down soon!!!!! Yea for girls night out! Love ya!

HW said...

Great ring! You know, most people need BIGGER rings when they are pregnant. I myself have a maternity ring buried somewhere. What's up with your darn skinny fingers?!

I am totally impressed with how all out you went and I'm just warning you, all these things become traditions that your kids will hold you to for years. Maybe you should take it a little easier next year. ;)

Mary said...

Love it! I end up wearing my ring on my middle finger...then thumb about 2/3 of the time. I was thinking of having it resized, but I love your idea of just getting another one.

Cute kids, by the way. Still.