Wednesday, October 26, 2011

happy wednesday (humpday)!

What makes me happy today?

  • Em is home from her adventures with Grandma and Pa in Massachusetts visiting Miles.  I really missed that sweet girly.  She's definitely 3 though - she's been working me since about 10 minutes after she got home last night.  
  • Van walking around in jeans and no shirt behind me.  He loves to be "nakey" and I love that he loves to be nakey.  What a boy.  
  • Trunk or Treat is tonight at church.  Halloween is the lamest holiday.... until you have kids!  :)
  • My friend had baby #5 last night.  1 boy, 4 girls.  She's such a good mom and I'm thankful to have her as my friend.  And they all have J names - that makes me happy too.  They are a great family. 
  • The scriptures.  I had a really good scripture study just standing at my bathroom counter reading this morning.  Aaron and I had a conversation the other day about "feasting" (click for scripture reference) on the scriptures and how when you go to a feast you don't necessarily have to stuff yourself full to enjoy the feast - it's savoring what you do eat.  That's totally scripture study for me - I don't necessarily have the lack of interference right now (ahem - kids) to sit down and study like a professional scriptorian.  I don't get much out of the scriptures if I just read them, but if I really pay attention and savor what I read, my feast is complete the the spirit of my day is completely different.  
  • My grandparents are back for the winter.  They winter here and I just love having them around.  They are amazing people and I love that my kids know and love them too. 
  • And this picture from a few weeks ago makes me happy.  Little goofballs in my dryer. 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for that insight about feasting. It might just change my life right now :) Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration (a little) but really, thanks for sharing that!

stacey said...

I am thankful for...

1. your Wednesday posts
2. you + those three that live with you
3. our ward chili cook off coming up on Friday (because then I can remember the awesome one we had forever ago in the 29th ward days!)
4. (like Amanda above...) your words about scripture reading
5. a soon to be planned Hoopes-Wilkinson reunion?? :) haha!

HW said...

I loved so many things about this post. Loved the idea of savoring small bits to feast. And thank you for telling me where my in-laws are! But I think the best was your kids in the dryer. You are the best mom ever!

ali rippstein said...

van sounds a lot like another little man i knew once at that age...i love keeping up with you all.