Wednesday, October 5, 2011

happy wednesday (hump day)!!

Wow!!  I'm doing this two weeks in a row.  Not bad.  Though I haven't blogged anything in between. 

Some things that made this Hump Day a happy one. 

  • Van sitting on my lap "helping" me with a project when he was supposed to be taking a nap.  (If Van could talk, he'd probably pipe in: "Mom, almost 2-year-olds totally don't nap anymore.  How could you ask me to miss all that action while I'm asleep?")  He was so sweet sitting with me cutting stuff with his little scissors and trying not to get burnt by the glue gun.  
  • The ladies I serve with in Relief Society.  We had a Presidency meeting last night.  Man, I love those 3.  They are strong, they are compassionate, they are hilarious.  
  • My hubby calling me every 20 minutes for part of the afternoon.  Turns out he was trying to prevent my loneliness for him.  And I thought he was just really bored.  He loves me. 
  • That my daughter loves to accessorize.  Jacket, hat, necklace, scarfs, a million hair bows, etc, etc, etc.  SO not like her mama.  I love to see what she picks out to wear every day.  
  • Emery's nose - aka her sniffer.  That girl can smell anything from a mile away... or 10 minutes later.  I had a banana and peanut butter in the kitchen this morning.  5 minutes after it was all gone and put away Emery comes down stairs and says, "Mom, I want a banana and peanut butter too."   To which I reply, "What do you mean, too?"  She says, "Mom, you had a banana and peanut butter.  I can smell it." 
  • Needing to wear a jacket today.  It felt so good to need a jacket after months of blistering in the heat!  
No pictures again... my computer isn't really working.  That was not a happy part of today.  :)

Hope your Wednesday was as happy as mine! 

2 comments:

The Rust said...

I LOVE all those things that make you happy!!! What a grat idea! LOVE you!!!!

HW said...

Someone forgot to tell you that kids with Wimmer genes no longer nap after age two. It is like a switch that tragically turns off. Luckily, they make up for it by being completely fun.