Monday, June 11, 2012

Things we love about Izzy

These are my attempt at 1 week photos.  Not too bad!!  :)  (If she looks concerned that she's in the basket, she was.  We only got a few pictures before she decided she was done in the basket.)



There are lots of things we already love about Izzy... most of them apparent from right when she was born.
  • her LOOOONG monkey arms
  • her skinny little body - she only has chubby cheeks, everywhere else is skinny
  • her teeny, tiny nose - smaller than Em's even and might be as tiny as mine when I was born (people used to ask my parents if I could breath out of it!)
  • all of her dark hair!! - can't wait to see what color it ends up!
  • she loves to be snuggled - my 1st snuggly newborn!!
  • she is my sleepiest newborn by far - maybe she won't quit napping before she's two!
  • she has great smiles and equally great scowls
  • how much she looks like Emery and I's newborn pics - I've actually called her Emery several times because the resemblance is so strong - it's like rewinding 4 1/2 years
  • how Van calls her "Tiny Izzy" - so cute
  • how Emery would hold and kiss her all day every day
  • she makes our other kids, especially Van, seem HUGE!!! 
  • even though she isn't a super tiny baby, she's so petite that people's first reaction is always "she's so tiny!  how much did she weigh?"  when I say 7lb 6oz they say "oh? that isn't very small!"  i think we just forget how small they are!!
  • she turned us into a family of 5!  we love that our family is growing and we are so happy she's here! 






6 comments:

Ashley said...

Aw, what a cute post! It makes me so excited to meet our little one. Izzy is so cute! I keep looking at our newborn clothes and can't possible imagine how my daughter was too small for them, much less fit in them period. Thank you for making me excited! LOVE the pics:)

Grama Linda said...

Izzy is so beautiful... Congratulations!!!
We love you!

Sarah Burrell said...

She is beyond cute BRITT! ADORABLE! I love that you and Aaron make little mini versions of yourselves. I can just see the two of you and a pack of little mini me's. :-)

Sammy said...

I think she's SO cute! I love that she's a little mini Emery and you! She'll fit in with the darling Wilk girls! You're getting my excited for another newborn girl!

Andrea said...

Oh my, first off, love the birth story, you are a trooper!! Second, she is just beautiful! Seriously, what cute, petite features! Even the one of her leaving the hospital, she does not look like a newborn to me, too cute!

HW said...

I love the one week photos! I love the flurry of posting! I can't wait to meet your baby Izzy!