Monday, May 28, 2012

In recent news...

Our big girl got a BIG haircut!!  She has so much hair, but it's so fine (just like her mom's) that it gets crazy tangled and takes forever to comb out... usually resulting in tears.  She finally got fed up (and got over her Rapunzel complex) and asked for a haircut a few weeks ago.  It took mom a few weeks to emotionally detach from her hair, but I'm so glad I did!!  It looks darling and it's going to be sooooo much easier!  Especially for the summer.  And it felt good to let her make a big girl decision.  She loves it too!

Chronicled in pictures for your convenience.  Lots of hair = lots of pictures! 

Before

Love that face when she saw a big chunk of her hair in my hands




all done - wet

a 3-minute blow dry later - VIOLA!!!  cute, cute girl!! 





Oh, and Van tried out a new eating style when we had friends over for dinner last night.  Not bad, buddy.  I like how you roll.


And apparently this works with kids older than 6 months

4 comments:

Clare said...

Love Em's new cut. I love short hair on Cami as well who is, also, going the Rapunzel route. We do have a plan to donate it once it's long enough - I can't wait!

HW said...

I love your pictures! I especially love how the haircut is a family affair. Aaron got some great shots. And she is beautiful both ways. And the picture of Van trying to eat with feet is a classic!

Christian said...

She really does look like a mini Brit!

Janssen said...

Em has more hair with her new haircut than I will have in my entire life combined.