Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Humpday!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  We're happy over here today because...

  • ...we've been eating LOTS of veggies!  And successful ones... ones where everyone cleans their plate and asks for more.  That makes me a happy mama.  Made Mexican Chicken and Rice (the rice is cauliflower... no one at my house was the wiser.  It was sooo yumnmy!  Only prob with this one is it will have to be a side dish.  Skinny bovine is too hungry eating just cauliflower and lean protein for dinner...) and Stacked Chicken and Zucchini Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chili Sauce on Monday and Tuesday.  The enchiladas were to die for.  And I can't believe its possible to put that many veggies in there.  Made The Ultimate Veggie Burger tonight... which was not the ultimate veggie burger.  Black Bean Mushroom Burgers still have that award, but it was fun to try something new.  And sitting in my fridge... just so you think I'm crazy.... 3 pack of romaine hearts, big bag of spinach, cauliflower, a couple pounds of broccoli, a bunch of asparagus, 3 red bell peppers, carrots, celery, 4 huge artichokes, 4 zucchini.... hmmm... I think that might be it.  Whoa buddy.  We'd better get eating. 
  • ...had a doctors appointment yesterday.  At a little over a month from my due date I'm DILATED to a 1!!!!  I don't dilate, people.  At least not without help.  And she's head down and dropping already.  I'm elated!  Is it too much to ask that I might go into labor on my own?  Not that I don't love waking up early in the morning on induction day, getting ready and then looking at Aaron and saying - "Okay, let's go have a baby!"  I'd really like to go into labor...   :)
  • ...we are having some real spring weather!!  Like still sleeping with the windows open, not dying during the day yet kind of weather.  Its a miracle.  We eat breakfast with the sliding door open.  It's just lovely.  
  • ...freezer meals for after baby comes are in the works.  Crock potted a bunch of chicken to shred... meat defrosting in my fridge... gathering ingredients.  Now I have to start making some because there is absolutely no room for anything else in there. 
  • ...my kids are being so good.  I can't think of a single thing I'd rather do - ever - than be their mom.  I even miss them if I go get my hair done for a couple of hours or something.  Emery is in this really funny stage of asking all of these analytical questions like, "How do the police know when someone is in trouble?" or "Are the people who sing this song still in this world?" or "Why are some people handicapped?"  She loves to sing big kid songs or country music from memory and still memorizes things after hearing them just a few times.  Van is talking like a little boy now instead of a baby.  Full-on sentences.  And he thinks he's a garbage truck.  If you call him anything else he'll remind you, "I dabage duck".  If I ever forget and call him baby he reminds me "No, mom, I brudder (brother)".  "Tummy sister" (as named by Van) is the only baby around here.  Not him.  :)
Have a great rest of your week!!  

2 comments:

Sarah Burrell said...

I hope for you sake you have the experience of going into labor naturally this time. Speaking from experience (natural with Joanna, induced with Molly) it's night and day difference! I loved the experience with Joanna, as weird as that sounds. :-)

Judy said...

Congrats on making it this far!

Kimball asks if movie characters are in this world and it makes me laugh every time. I love the way kids phrase their questions.