Thursday, April 26, 2012

happy late humpday!

I'm totally counting this as a legitimate humpday post since I just got over the hump of being sick.  So today I'm happy that...

  • I'm not laying in bed like I basically have been since Saturday and I'm wearing real clothes and contacts today.  Who knew there was a stomach flu that lasted 5 days?  Hide in your houses.  Trust me.  You don't want this one.
  • I have the best hubby in the world who took amazing care of us... and a mom who is equally wonderful and keeps taking care of us since dad had to go back to work.  
  • Even though Van (and Aaron... who is at work) are now sick too, that it's a lovely chilly, windy day and none of the barf smell can stay in my house with all of the windows open!  It feels AMAZING in my house.  Like real spring... not this crazy 90 degree Vegas spring like this weekend.  Oh, and birds are even singing to me on my porch in the middle of the afternoon! 
  • Van Van is the sweetest sick kid on the planet.  Looking forward to having this Van back though. 
  • I ate this last week before I got sick.  Em and Van both ate big kid-plate fulls... and then Aaron and I may or may not have eaten the rest of the pan. 
    Stacked roasted veggie enchiladas from Perry's Plate
  • My friends are being blessed!!  One friend is seeing a chiropractor today for consultation about her very fussy baby (crossing fingers its a good option!), another is close to getting off bed rest in her pregnancy, and I get to see another friend next week and her so, so, so cute new little baby boy.  Oh... and my BFF is getting MARRIED June 9th.  So excited (not about the whole being the humongous brides maid part, but the wedding part!)!!!!!!  For some reasons it's extra easy to see blessings after laying around in bed feeling sorry about myself for 5 days. 

3 comments:

Nate and Keshia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janssen said...

Sick AND pregnant? That is just unpleasant.

Mary said...

I can't believe I'm so far behind on your blog? I'm so happy for you to be almost done with this pregnancy!

Are you still considering Nora as a name?

Stomach bugs during pregnancy are the WORST!