Thursday, April 19, 2012

Imperial Beach with the Sampsons

 Remember these 4?


We invited our friends the Sampsons to go to Imperial Beach last year with us, too, when Aaron was out of town during busy season.   They were able to come again this year and we had a blast again!  I love CC and her kids!

Here are the 4 kids now!
same 4 kids - lots bigger this year!
The mermaids and the mermen
 


I can't even begin to tell you the deliciousness of Cowabunga's Ice Cream on the Imperial Beach pier.  A month before this I had fresh blueberry ice cream - made that day.  This time it was peanut butter brownie and coconut.  Life changing.  If I lived there I'd surely weight 300 lbs.  (Have I mentioned I have a weird thing for peanut butter and chocolate this pregnancy.  Yum.)
Emery and Skye.  These girls played and played and played on the beach.  They had so much fun!


I love Em's little bum in this picture.  Why don't weggies bother kids like they do adults? 

The freezing cold beach dudes.  Van was freezing because he swam for 1/2 an hour.  He was soaked.  CJ was freezing like the rest of us... because it was cold!!





sand monster
Spot the sand monster - see the ring around his eye?




1 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

First off that ice cream is divine! Teleport me some please! That is not a bad craving to have for a pregnancy... it's pretty normal and actually good!

I am jealous you guys got to go to the beach! LUCKY!!! Em on the statue is hilarious and my all time favorite! {PS I can't for the life of me remember if you spell her name with an A or E.... I am so sorry if I get it wrong!}