Monday, April 4, 2011

spray paint makes me feel crafty

so, i'm not one of those crafty people when it comes to most things. i've made a few decent cards here and there, a fairly miserable wreath a while back... but mostly i just refuse to create (except in the kitchen, of course).

and then i met my new best friend - spray paint. and my new favorite store - goodwill. and i started trash digging.

be still my heart. i created something! and i don't even miss aaron when he hasn't been home before 10pm (or has just been out of town) since november (okay, i really do miss him, but this seriously keeps me entertained).

my pictures don't really do this stuff justice. so much better in real life. it really is so much fun - and looks AMAZING!

the lovely night stand I dug out of the neighbor's garbage....sanded, primed, spray painted Krylon smoke gray and glazed .....


the old DI bar stools before....

sanded, primed, painted Krylon Purple and glazed (they are going to look even cooler when i get my kitchen table done). i love the pop of color they bring to my kitchen!

aaron's little sister chelsey got married this last weekend and i decided to do a gallery wall inspired by Anthropologie's WAY too scrubby looking one...
and this really cool knock off...
using these frames....


here's what it turned out like - post priming, painting and glazing! it will look much better when it's hanging on chelsey's wall and not sitting on my carpet.
chelsey loved it. she told me at least 4 times that it is her favorite thing she got for her wedding!

i really wanted to keep this mirror. it took all the goodness in my sisterly heart to give it up. it's gorgeous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all your projects--who knew you were such a great photographer? And, you're right. The mirror is awesome. I would've kept it for sure.

Sammy said...

Ohhh Britt love love love!! I feel you on the crafting thing.. I feel like furniture makeovers I can do! Plus the results are a lot more worthwhile and satisfying than 1 scrapbook page that took an hour!! I wish we lived close so we could go trash digging together!