Saturday, February 9, 2008

Good News Minute

There's a phenomenon in many LDS Relief Societies called the good news minute, but since I haven't been able to go to Relief Society since Emery was born, I'm going to have a good news minute on the blog instead!


Emery Mae sets sleep record
Emery's been sleeping great lately (4.5-6.5 hours at a time once during the night for the last week and a half) but two nights ago she beat her record at a little over 7 hours! And just when I thought the little rugrat couldn't get any more amazing she slept all the way through the night last night! 8 WHOLE HOURS! I actually woke up before she did... in a puddle of breast milk. Haha. I love that the Lord gave me a pre-programmed, great sleeping baby because as far as I'm aware you cannot teach a 6 week old to sleep through the night. I think He's bribing me to keep wanting to have lots of kids, and it's working!


Dirtbag Climbing's business climbs
For those of you who don't already know, Aaron sews. No, not sequened dance costumes, but chalk bags for rock climbing (he's also ventured into a few other rock climbing accessories). He's always sold his bags at the local gear shop, MountainWorks, and in the past year has expanded his formerly unnamed business to a few local climbing gyms. Well, recently some larger clients have been pushed his direction and so we finally had to give it a name (Dirtbag Climbing - "dirtbag" is a complimentary climbing term for someone who lives the climber's dream of being on the road for months at a time, living in your van and just climbing), standardize pricing, find someone to outsource big orders to, etc. We're hoping these big fish will bite and that we can keep expanding to other bigger clients as well!




Reflections of a college graduate
Even though I knew it was coming, I got a much-welcome surprise in the mail last week - my college diploma! I've felt "graduated" for a long time since I haven't been in school for almost a year, but my 2 credit Health and Physical Education class (fondly known as HEPE to you Cougar readers), finally and painfully completed in November, delayed my actual graduation until now. It was kind of sad actually receiving my diploma when a part of me hoped that they'd call me and say they'd made a mistake and I still have a bunch of classes to take. But I'm proud to be a college graduate and it definitely gave me warm fuzzies to think about hanging it up on our wall. I'm no less educationally obsessed now that I'm officially done though... I started reading Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals this week and it's starting to get me excited to start thinking about writing my own book again!




World's best husband loves his wife - even during mid-terms
I have the best husband in the whole world! I just hope I won't be the demise of his burly mid-terms since he came home early (at 9) twice during the week to let me go to the gym. I had my post-partum doctor's appointment on Monday and couldn't wait to go. He's so sweet to me and watched Emery twice during the week and then again last night and this morning so I could work out... and man, it felt good!
Wow! Congrats if you made it all the way through this post! Sometimes a blog post turns into a long journal entry... whoops!

9 comments:

Janssen said...

Sounds like things are going great! Congratulations on getting your diploma (did you end up graduating in History?).

Amy and Jeff said...

Hooray for sleeping through the night! On two separate occassions this week I thought to myself "I should walk the six stairs it takes to see Emery and Britt." Maybe this week I will listen to these promptings and come show off Lily's new crawling abilities... and watch Emery's new sleeping abilities?

Clare said...

I wish I was so lucky. Cami had a good night last night but has not been a good sleeper in her whole life except for one week when she was about seven months old. Part of that is my fault, I haven't given her the structure she obviously needed in that area. But we're working on it now, hopefully success will come soon!

Adam & Rachel said...

hey britt
your baby is a beauty. i love your fun pictures. looks like you guys are doing well. i got your message. my phone has been having issues, but hopefully i'll be able to call ya this week. anyhoo..take care and have fun!

Brandi Lyn said...

I realy don't think your little girl could get ANY cuter!! She has the sweetest little expressions. I Like the picture with her finger up in the air like, "Mommy, give me a minute before the next picture." SO CUTE. And congrats on her sleeping thru the night!! What a mother's DREAM! :)

David and Maggi said...

You are such a crack up Britta...excited to go to the gym. Just like that one night (one of the few time you have ever cried in your life) crying because you had to go on a date with someone you didn't want to go out with instead of getting to go to the gym! You kill me!

stacey said...

Good work, Emery! Your buddy Jacob H. is also a sleeping-through-the-night champion. I think it was his Christmas present to us, because since about 3 months he has only had about 3 nights where he slept less than 10 hours. AMAZING. Good job on getting the diploma too. I didn't know you were working on HEPE last year. Yeah I never did hang my diploma up, maybe I will hang my second one up once I get this master's degree finished up in a few months. :)

Travis said...

So the chalkbag business is expanding? I still get comments about my bag all of the time. If you guys want I would be totally cool with taking some 'dirtbags' to the climbing gym gear shops here in Seattle.

David and Maggi said...

Britta, check out my sisters comment on my blog to the second post down.