Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy 29th Birthday, Aaron!!

My cute hubby turned 29 at the beginning of the month! 

Here are 29 things I love about my hubby on his 29th:

  1. The only thing he ever wants for his birthday is this apple pie.  
  2. He can't pass an unmarked dirt road without driving up it. 
  3. The first think he does when he gets home from work is kiss his wife, then he goes up to kiss his sleeping babies. 
  4. We found his 1st gray hairs this year.  So hot.  
  5. He's really worried that he's balding.  And it's really cute. 
  6. He always gives me the leftovers. 
  7. He calls me so much his co-workers started to think I'm a crazy controlling wife who makes him call.  He just loves me! 
  8. He's always the 1st to say he's sorry.  
  9. He's made his co-workers so aware of my extreme foodiness that they always send the restaurant leftovers home for me.  
  10. He's the best dish-doer and stair vacuumer at our house.  
  11. He really loves his siblings and parents.  
  12. He's the king of PMA (positive mental attitude).  
  13. He thinks my birthday is a sacred holiday.  
  14. He'd rather cuddle than get out of bed in the morning. 
  15. He loves adventuring with his kids so much that he hasn't really climbed much in 2 years.  
  16. He can still do this (below) even though he "doesn't climb" anymore. 
    Bouldering on Emery's birthday
  17. He loves yoga.
  18. On his birthday date... a food marathon.  appetizer at Applebees (we had a giftcard), green curry at our favorite little Thai place and then concrete from Nielsen's for dessert.  There was supposed to be another course, but we got full!
  19. He likes to eat healthy as much as I do - and actually likes vegetables a lot MORE than I do.
  20. He totally fits in in the Deacons Quorum (the 12-year-old scouts he works with at church). 
  21. He's not materialistic at all.  He thinks our kids should have just a few toys and wonders if Emery should wear fancy boots.  :)
  22. His contagious imagination has given our kids the gift of creative play.
  23. He refills my water... downstairs from the fridge... or gets up to get my eye drops or excema cream... even if he was already in bed. 
  24. He likes to help me paint furniture.  
  25. He makes friends with guys twice his age.
  26. Old ladies love him.  
  27. He's such an enthusiastic scripture reader that Emery loves morning scriptures now. 
  28. He's never lucky... he's always "blessed".  
  29. He hasn't failed to make me brilliantly cute children.  
  30. He puts ketchup on everything.  And thinks our kids should too.  Sick.  :)

3 comments:

Janssen said...

You guys are SO wonderful together. It was great to hang out with you both a couple of weeks ago!

HW said...

I'm one of the old ladies who loves him. Happy Birthday Aaron! Your list was great.

Terry said...

I'm an old lady to loves and adores Aaron and who thinks he's absolutely the most wonderful thing next to hot fudge brownie sundaes. Of course I'm prejudice...he's my son. He is also the smartest guy ever...because he married an amazing, beautiful, wonderful young lady. Love you guys and I REALLY love those little people!!