Thursday, June 30, 2011

he thinks my guide tennies are sexy

If you know Aaron you'll understand why, but these are Aaron's biggest fears:

  1. Pointy shoes - or particularly, me wearing them.
  2. Big, ugly, trendy purses - or particularly, me wearing them.
  3. Acrylic nails - or particularly, me wearing them.
Basically anything that furthers me from saying things like "I really think we should go to REI so I can get a new _____". He describes things like these as "gateway drugs" to further trendiness.

I bought these 5.10 guide tennies from Mountainworks at the beginning of the year. He thinks they are incredibly sexy.
I happen to think they are incredibly ugly, but I'm more than happy to wear them to [make Aaron happy] use the amazing sticky rubber to keep my babies safe when I hike with one on my back. Besides, they are pretty comfy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually think they look pretty cool.

kathywimmer said...

Actually they are just what your dad would have me wear!!! I think maybe Aaron is a clone!!!!

janaemadsen said...

john also has a deep hatred of pointed shoes.

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Hahahahhahahaah that's funny Brit!

aaron wilkinson said...

@ Janae: Yes! I'm so glad that John also doesn't like pointy shoes! :)

Mark & Bek said...

Thanks for posting this Britt, cause I am seriously needing new hiking shoes, and my biggest desire is grippy.

That was a bad sentence. Oh well.

Jessica said...

Ew. Totally with Aaron on the pointy shoe thing. And the big purse.

But those shoes... they look like they rock! I love my chacos... I'm just sayin'... ;)