Thursday, June 23, 2011

we're baby-less

It's a sad week at the Wilkinsons. We're officially to a point in time I never wanted to be at - we're baby-less. Em was 22 months old when Van was born and still in the crib and high chair, so we're just used to having a baby around all the time.

Van has hit all sorts of big boy milestones this week.

  • He's officially in the big boy bed. He loves to show me the cars and trucks on his sheets. He's really strong and was getting pretty rough on his crib, but it was surprisingly easy to switch him. He's such a good boy.
  • I put the tray on the high chair away and he sits in the booster at the table.
  • He swims by himself with just floaties. He's so aggressive in the water - it's hilarious.
  • He sat on the potty and seemed rather amused with himself. Daddy even helped him try to pee.
  • I even took down the baby gate at the top of the stairs. Sad.
Here's to hoping this baby-less period ends quickly! We'd definitely love another little one around our house.
daddy helping him try to pee



last 3 pics - Van showing me how he figured out how to climb into the pack and play.

One of the times I checked on him in the bed I found him sleeping like this. Awww!! A few minutes later he fell out. He looked confused but just climbed into bed and went back to sleep like it was no big deal. Love that kid.

5 comments:

Sarah Burrell said...

Just remember, having another baby around means less sleep. ;-) But it is pretty fabulous having a new little one around our house, so I too hope you are not baby-less for long! And I'm impressed that you've started introducing the potty. I'm about as nervous as they come to potty train Joanna.

Jessica said...

How exciting, Van! Way to go. Bridger is to the point where he knows how to get out of his crib--but I do not think he is even close to being ready for the big boy bed. Humph! We will see how this will go when we return to provo in the fall. Thanks for giving me hope!

Babyless here too... sending the good baby vibes your way--hoping they reach you and come back our way! :)

Michelley said...

I've been so bad about blogging lately...it's been a while. But holy cats your kids have gotten so big and are SO ADORABLE!!!! You guys have such a beautiful family!!

michelle said...

You & Aaron make 'em so cute, it would be a crime for you to have to wait much longer. We're praying for you!

kathywimmer said...

He is even more adorable than you can imagine. Posted by a totally unbiased grandma!!!!!