Monday, March 1, 2010

mommy's little turtle

aaron and i say that every kid reminds us of an animal. it can be the way they look or the way they act. Emery is a squirrel - by how she acts, not how she looks. we finally discovered what van is (at least what he looks like - not how he acts). the turtle from Robin Hood has met his twin.



here are a few reasons i love my little buddy Van:

  • he's a crowd pleaser. he had multiple Albertsons employees this morning praising him for his cuteness. he will laugh and giggle and smile for anyone who will love him.
  • he is so cuddly. Em has never cuddled. i love bribery, even when it comes from heaven. it's a deal, Heavenly Father, i'll have lots more.
  • he's not a complainer. when i have him sitting up and he falls on his face, he doesn't even whine. when Em is squishing him he thinks it's funny. he's just a happy kid.
  • his hair is growing in fuzzy and bright blonde - just like his daddy's was.
here he is sitting up. he can do this for pretty long periods of time, but his arms get tired and he ends up face planting... which, again, doesn't bother him. :) i love this kid.



p.s. he's getting a tooth/teeth, too. i'll cry when it pokes it's way through, just like i did with Emery. i love the toothless smile. did i mention my kids teeth early? em is done getting teeth and she just turned 2 (including 3 year molars). she just has to start loosing them now. silly kids that insist on growing up. :(

11 comments:

Janssen said...

So fun to have seen him in person - he's DARLING.

janaemadsen said...

my baby cuddles too. I LOVE it.

Jen and Ky said...

Thanks for the suggestions on some good books to read. I've become a regular at the Orem City Library and will have to check some of those out!

The most addictive WWII historical fiction/christian/romance/adventure series is called "Zion Covenant" by Bodie Thoene. I actually covers the events in Europe that lead up to WWII, the series ends when Hitler invades Warsaw. It's historical fiction at it's best and I read that the books are so historically accurate that they are used in college courses. Not a bad way to learn a little more history!

Your little kids are so cute! I wish we lived closer because I can just tell that Lili and Emery would be best buddies!

Cyndie said...

I totally just took a video of Jack sitting up. He wasn't up as long and he totally face planted on camera. You can hear me laughing...cute cute cute-Van's a cute little boy

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little boy. Just perfect for my Millie...:)

Andrea said...

Teeth already?! He has a cute laugh, what a happy baby! I sent an invite to you for our blog. I wasn't sure what address to send it to. I think it was mamawilk, anyway, if you need another invite let me know. My e-mail is andreadabell@gmail.com.

Michelley said...

That's so adorable. I sometimes think my kids look like animals too. Glad I'm not alone! :-). Your 2 get more adorable every time I come to your blog. Hope you guys are doing well. Oh, and I'm totally jealous you still have an Albertson's to shop at! I soooo miss that store and all the great deals!!!

Michelley said...

PS - I can't remember if I already asked you this and might have missed it in a post, but are you guys moving to Vegas to work at Deloitte? My brother-in-law worked there for years in Vegas. He just switched jobs a couple months ago, but he loved it there. Hope you guys do too!

kathywim said...

Adorable, simply adorable!

kathywim said...

Adorable, simply adorable!

Amber said...

Awww - he does have a certain resemblance! I love it when you get a chance to come in to see me! Your family is so cute! yeah for living in vegas! :)