Thursday, March 11, 2010

DISNEYLAND!!!!

you heard it right!! and is it weird that now i feel like a legitimate family because we've been? DisneyLand (and California Adventure) has done something (business-wise) right to make me feel that way because i'm sure i'm not the only one who does and that's why were weren't even close to the only family there! :)

of course it was magical! i got all teary as walked in and strolled down main street and might have even shed a tear at the end of the party parade. it was a fun filled weekend of exhaustion and fun.

many, many, many thanks to the staff of hotel Garder for being the best hosts ever! we loved experiencing it all with the "cast members" themselves, staying up way later than we meant to every night talking and watching em and russ russ fall deeper in love... hehe. we love you guys so much.

britt's favorite ride: soarin' over california
aaron's favorite: soarin' over california and space mountain
emery's favorite: she says "peter pan", though i'd argue that she loved the tea cups and dumbo just as much
van's favorite: the nap in the baby bjorn ride - 5 times in 2 days. poor kid. he was an absolute angel the whole time.

magical!

totally swept off my feet

happy moms, confused emery, russell in love

dad and van on dumbo

if a ride was too dark or too loud it was NOT em's favorite

it's a small world afterall....

van's favorite ride

em in the conga line at the end of the party parade

yar!!!

where's van?

em helping us spin on the teacups

eating her deliciously healthy lunch at california adventure - packets of ketchup. i think this is part of what made it magical for her. it was a dream come true.

one of emery's favorite california adventure features - the benches with the holes where she could sneak her fingers up through

two deliriously tired kids. they kept laying down on the ground


i can't resist his cuteness. hopefully emery won't be able to either someday.

awww....

russ is going to be such a good big brother next month. van was happy to be his practice baby!

loves from van.

and i post this video because DisneyLand taught me an important parent lesson: let your kid stop and smell the roses if they want to. at the end of our DisneyLand day we'd been hurrying to get more fun in and emery was just done being hurried. she just wanted to stroll down main street, one foot on either side of the train tracks and just enjoy the end of her day. look how happy she was! good lesson - thanks, Emery. Thanks, DisneyLand!

9 comments:

The Rust said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even know you went to Disney Land! I love that place. All the pics are so cute. We can't wait to see you guys sometime soon. :o)

janaemadsen said...

I love Disney. So awesome with kids.

Jenn Miyamoto said...

I'm so jealous and so happy you guys got to go! I told Mark that we can't have another kid until we go to Disneyland because if I'm pregnant I can't go on the rides, and if we have a little one we probably can't go for another several years! All right, so I was joking. But is it bad of me to dream of going to Disneyland?!

Amy said...

So fun! You guys are such a cute family. I love that having a newborn didn't hold you back. Seriously, does anything hold you back?

The Stevens Family said...

OH for FUN! It looks and sounds like you had so much FUN! I'm so glad you got to go!

kathywim said...

What fun......disneyland is truly a magical place....my only regret is that I wasn't there for the magic!!!! You are so lucky to have good friends like the gardners!

Mark & Bek said...

We had so much fun with you guys and miss you so much. That picture of Van in the window is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Jessica said...

Oh Disneyland! When I was little, I did a report on good ol' Walt, and I've never been the same since. :) Garrett has never been, and that is DEFINITELY on the list of things to do before we die. Most definitely! I bet it's even better taking your child and seeing their face light up. Good stuff!

Brooke said...

Oh Disneyland. Love, love, love that place. Your kids are TOO cute. I'm glad you had such a good time!