Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lake Powell 2011

 Our Wilkinson Family goes to Lake Powell every year.  We've been Lake Powell slackers for the last few years for various reasons (no money, Aaron can't come, etc.) and haven't been since I was pregnant with Emery.  We finally got to go again this year and had sooooo much fun!  We missed Amy and the Hatches, but everyone else was able to make it.  The kids had a blast playing with cousins in the mud and water for 5 whole days and I think they would have been happy to never leave!  We split up the cooking and all did a day and it worked out great.  All of the food was delicious and we learned a lot about what worked and didn't work for next year with 22 people on one house boat.  The kids did great - slept like a dream in the tent every night, Van fell asleep in my lap a few times (my dream come true) and we even managed to escape sun burns.  Thanks mom and dad - we can't wait for next year! 


Can you tell I'm in heaven?

My handsome guy and his beautiful mama
Mud, a truck and a giant hole to sit in.  What more could a Van need?
Love those Rusts

Van and Rowan (Row boat)

Not too shabby for a desk-sitting accountant, eh?

There were 2 pregnant people on the boat - but these weren't them. 



Dad looked lovely in my skirt






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm...I'm hoping that wasn't an announcement and I missed it when I talked to you the other day. You look so cute in that suit.

HW said...

Were YOU one of the pregnant people on the boat? Not that you look it, I just know you'd like to be.

Thank you for posting! I love you and I love the small snippet of your life I get to be a part of through your blog.

BrittWilk said...

and no... i wasn't one of the pregnant people on the boat. i wish! :(