Thursday, February 10, 2011

bathroom makeover

the bathrooms in our house needed a LOT of work. the 2 upstairs had the most awful white linoleum you can imagine and the faucets started deteriorating the first time i scrubbed them. we didn't do special to our bathroom but we did do some fun things in the kids' bath. i promised kimberly these TONIGHT! so here they are!

BEFORE:

awful, dirty, i could barely stand to have emery in there to go potty! disgusting floor - and no tub - just a gross shower.

so i enslaved my husband to tear out the nasty shower and hang out with van fixing the new tub (during pretty much the only free month of his life... he loves me!) if van looks little this is because Aaron did it in September.

i love this picture of my handsome boys

the kids were so happy to have their own tub that they couldn't even wait for dad to finish the dry wall

but he DID finish it!

so professional. i'd hire him out, but he gets home at about 11:30pm these days, so he may not be much use to anyone. :)

and then commenced the painting. moral of the story: don't paint your house boring colors if you really want color - because then you'll explode and paint something lime green!!!!

what we did:
  • replace floors
  • tear out old shower and put in new tub surround
  • new faucet and towel ring
  • paint it green!!
  • and of course... new bathroom accessories.
AFTER:






and in case you're wondering where you can get one of those adorable over the toilet shelves for your kids' bathrooms - you can't. because i rennovated a Goodwill special! yahoo!! the first of [hopefully] many projects like this.

BEFORE: (I think this thing was born in the early 1900s. no joke.)


AFTER!!! (sand, primer, white spray paint, $2.50 - usually $5 - knob from Hobby Lobby and a little bit of scrapbook paper and Mod Podge.)


the kids and I LOVE the green bathroom! and Aaron thought I was crazy, but he actually likes it too! :)

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! I am so impressed. The bathroom turned out so cute. I love your little project too! Nice job!

Fab Five said...

You done good! It looks awesome!!!

The Rust said...

SOOO cute! Aaron you are such an awesome fix it man!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Wow looks great Brit!!! Nicely done!

Kimberly said...

Wow! You're right, I do like the lime green. Want to come vacation at my house for a month? :) And I love the shelf.

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

I love it! That looks great!

Emily said...

So creative! The bathroom looks great-- you've motivated me to try a little thrift store remodeling :)

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. Someday, if we ever have a bathroom, I want you to come fix it. You're awesome!

HW said...

Looks great! I LOVE the green.

Kimberly said...

I've almost finished a project like your shelf. It's a wooden doll bunkbed that we found at DI for $5. Which primer and spray paint would you recommend?

Fetamy John said...

Damm inoperative ideas you have ....