Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

We spent Christmas at home this year. It was fun to make some of our own traditions and continue some old ones - like ebelskivers ala Mel and Britt for Christmas morning breakfast and funeral potatoes for Christmas Eve dinner (yes, there was other food. It's just inconsequential in comparison). My Christmas clearly revolves around food. Anyone surprised? I didn't think so.


dessert for Christmas Eve - a modification of this recipe. aaron and i ate one of them by ourselves Christmas Day. Oops.


Emery loved Christmas morning. She got what she wanted - her Princess Tiana, her horses and a few bonuses like a box of Cocoa Puffs and princess panties. She loved her Camelbak and headlamp from Grandma and Pa too. Obviously (see pic). She wore it ALL day.

Van had neutral feelings about Christmas until this bad boy showed up with Gram and Pa. He wouldn't get off of it. For weeks. I had to move it to the garage so I could stop pushing him around all day (his feet don't quite reach the pedals).

And for 2 years in a row I didn't get a picture of the 4 of us on Christmas morning. I'm terrible. I promise myself one next year.

1 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Isn't food what makes the holidays? I need to eat some of your masterpieces!!! I love the pic of Em with the camelbak hahahaha she cracks me up!