Wednesday, January 13, 2010

where we've been

It's been a busy, crazy, wonderful 6 weeks (to say the LEAST). Here's where we've been and what we've been doing. Sorry there are no pictures - my computer doesn't want to read my memory card. Dang.

  • spent Thanksgiving in LV with my whole Wimmer family, including my cousin Wyatt's baptism and my 1st jogs since having Van, and my 1st road bike ride. I'm hooked.
  • sent Aaron back to Cedar to study while the kiddies and I spent a week at the beach with Grandma, my bf Bekah and Russ-Russ. Em and Russ-Russ were too cute. They're totally going to get married (their mommies hope...) And yes, I ran on the beach in 60 degree weather. I vote no snow in winter.
  • Got a call from Aaron Saturday saying we should move the following Saturday. WHAT??
  • Got home Monday, packed my house in 4 days.
  • Got emergency help from mom when Em ended up with 103+ degree fever for 3 days while I was supposed to be packing my house to relocate my life to LV. Thanks, mom. I don't know what I'd do without you, as usual.
  • moved to LV that planned Saturday with no flaws in the plan. Fastest move yet, lots of help. We'll really miss Cedar City and all of the friends we made there.
  • went to our new ward Sunday (the ward I grew up in until we moved when I was 12 - still feels like home).
  • Monday, Aaron got his paperwork and drug test done for his new job at Southwest Gas (his 8 month interim job until Deloitte this fall).
  • drove to Orem that same Monday to live with mom and dad Wilk for 3 weeks so Aaron would help his dad with a project at his shop and make a few much needed bucks.
  • Van and mom got sick. Boo. Mostly sad because we didn't get to see as many of our friends as we would have liked.
  • Van made it to 2 months!
  • Dinner with the Williamses and the Lunds. Love them. Can't wait for baby Millie (okay, that's just my vote, not her official name). She will be as beautiful and wonderful as her mom.
  • Christmas week! Gingerbread men, cousins, sugar highs, sleepovers under the Christmas tree with Grandma, kids' nativity (Em was a seriously rowdy, flashing angel and Van was baby Jesus, of course) lots of presents and even more memories with our whole Wilkinson family. All 7 sibs and their fams made it for the event. It was magical.
  • Made it through all of the holiday festivities with no tummy ache. Turn's out Van's anger issues (or colic, if you prefer), were simply a dairy intolerance. Did you know almost all Christmas treats have butter or cream?
  • Celebrated my 25th birthday. In-N-Out (no cheese for my Van-Van) and shopping topped my cake. It's gotta be a good burger if it even tastes good without cheese.
  • Hit my goal of running 3 miles again before the New Year. Did I mention I still detest running? Too bad it's so good for me.
  • got to have Alisa play with us while her mommy had her baby brother. We love new baby Joseph Hyrum and his family. So glad we got to be the ones.
  • Celebrated Emery's 2nd birthday. Dora cake (made by mom, thank you very much), life-sized Dora balloon, Dora party hats and lots of Emery's favorite people to celebrate with - Amy, Chelsey, Grandma and Pa.
  • Aaron pulled an almost all-nighter at the shop the night before we left Orem.
  • Cried when we left Orem for the last time.
  • Drove to our new LV home on New Year's Eve and hit the Strip for the event. Oops. No, wait. We fell asleep at 7:30.
  • Started the year right by going road biking with my dad. (Aaron and dad went mountain biking.)
  • I rediscovered a new city full of cheap food. Cedar almost killed me. Filled both of my produce drawers and part of my counter for less than $12 at Sunflower Market.
  • Aaron's started work. A working man. Wow - I thought we'd never make it. I overheard Aaron telling Emery what daddy does [for a living] and he told her "daddy makes money". That oughta go over well on Career Day in Kindergarten. On the other hand, I'm so thankful to have a husband who is so giddy over his opportunity to provide for our family.
  • New bank accounts, car insurance, health insurance, new license plates, new licenses (eventually). We're all NV now.
  • Celebrated Aaron's 27th birthday. I'm not sure why he loves BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes so much, but I just take orders in the kitchen on his bday.
  • My daddy retired! So proud of him and Emery is thrilled that she moved here just in time for Pa to be a full-time Grandpa.
We're still trying to recover from sugar highs and sleep deprivation around here, but we're happy and glad to be settled in our new home... and we love 65 degree weather in January!

We love visitors, so come see us any time!

25 comments:

Clare said...

Whenever we visit out west, we're always in Vegas since Clint's brother lives there. We'll have to try and visit next time we make the trek!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! You've been busy! I'm glad my belly and I made an appearance on your blog. :)

Oh, and way to go on all the running. I should make the same goal--try to run 3 miles before the next new year. :)

Still no baby, but you're on the list to text.

Janssen said...

Great new picture of your family!

I am not even going to pretend that I'm not green with envy that you're living in Vegas :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love your new pictures!!!

Kristi said...

I wish I would have known about you being in Orem and you and Van not being sick, I would have died to see you. No wonder you haven't been posting on your blog, that was quite a list of things since Thanksgiving! It sounds like you're enjoying LV; I am so gald to hear that they have a Sunflower Market! I also love your new famiy picture, it is totally adorable, except one thing, is Van allowed to look that big already? I was so surprised to see him so big. I hope your computer can figure out your memory card soon. We got a new memory card and my computer wont read it, so I just hook up my whole camera to the computer with the usb cord it came with. Maybe that might work for you. Yikes, I wrote a novel, I just had so much to say. Love ya!

janaemadsen said...

this sounds so crazy that I think I need to go fall asleep. Good job on running. man I hate running. You moved in 4 days with a brand new baby- that sounds terrible. Good job-

Adam & Rachel said...

you guys have definetly been busy bees...it's good to hear an update. have fun in vegas. we'll have to visit the next time we go down. :)

Lesly said...

WOW, lots and lots happening at your house. Good luck in Vegas!

Ashley Abbott said...

I'm glad you've made it! You guys have been very busy! I'm so jealous of your stability!

Super Angie said...

What an adventure!!!! Excited for you guys to be settled, and a little jealous about all the time you'll get to spend in the Hacienda Ward...

Katja said...

Wow, you are busy people. Looks like your are well taken care of. We are happy for you and that everything is working out.

Fab Five said...

W.O.W. Yes, I now understand how blogging took a back seat. I'm glad you guys survived all that!

HW said...

I loved every word! Wow, you've been busy. I mean, besides producing another adorable human, you've gotten a lot done. Way to go! (And your family pictures are wonderful. Great composition, great expressions, fun setting, and you win for cutest family on the planet.)

JoSue said...

Wow, I'm tired reading that. Congrats on ALL the new changes. You guys will do great!

The Stevens Family said...

Oh wow you HAVE been busy! J.D. says you are the best blogger! We both enjoy every post. I love the "daddy makes money" lol! I can't believe you are already running 3 miles! GO YOU!! We sure miss you guys but are glad you are safe and happy in NV. We will have to come visit for sure! love ya!

The Stevens Family said...

Oh wow you HAVE been busy! J.D. says you are the best blogger! We both enjoy every post. I love the "daddy makes money" lol! I can't believe you are already running 3 miles! GO YOU!! We sure miss you guys but are glad you are safe and happy in NV. We will have to come visit for sure! love ya!

kyle and ila johnson said...

glad you are doing well...

kyle and ila johnson said...

glad you are doing well...

BreAnna said...

You guys look so great! And I understand about not blogging-I'm in the same boat.

Monica Kate said...

Oh my sounds like you 4 have been so so busy!! Nathan and I feel a little of your pain, we have recently moved but we only have Kenza (the dog) so its not really the same :( and if you didn't get the post from your other post....Happy Birthday Aaron.

andrea said...

i havent even thanked emery for that wonderful message! i love you guys. that family picture is adorable.

Leslie said...

Hey Wilkies! Could your family be any more gorgeous!? Love the new photo.

Terry said...

Oh, I love you guys so much!!! I'm so proud of you and those little muchkins are the lovies of my life!!! I miss you so!

Mark & Bek said...

I can't believe how different Van looks from the last time I saw him, he is so cute. Can't wait for you guys to come see us.

Kelsi Thoman Peterson said...

Dude, I just browsed over some things on your blog. You've been busy. I can't believe you are back in Vegas and Aaron will be at Deloitte. Did you know my Dad works for them back in Vegas again? Well he might be officially retired by now. Good luck with that!!! I'm coming down to Vegas next month for a couple weeks. I'd love to see you. KIT k3peterson@hotmail.com.