Sunday, January 17, 2010

grateful

just a few, simple things i'm grateful for today:

  • music - i sang in the ward choir this morning and played piano in the primary. i love music and how much i felt the spirit today even though i missed most of sacrament meeting with poopy diapers and nursing and all of the rest of the meetings because i was in primary.
  • soy - it's saving my dairy free life.
  • a clean kitchen - it's my new favorite thing to wake up to
  • big, healthy kids - had our 2 month (+ 3 weeks) and 2 year appointments this week. Van: 15lb5oz (95 percentile) and 25 inches (90 percentile). Emery: 28.15 lbs (78 percentile) 36 1/4 inches (95 percentile). we aren't very big people, but we sure do have big cute healthy kids and i'm thankful.
  • toyota corollas - just bought our 4th one we've owned between the two of us. 1996, 109,000 miles - it's a beauty.
  • sleep - i love Van's new sleeping habits. he only woke up once during the night most of the week. glory, glory, hallelujah.
  • Aaron - my husband makes me seriously cute babies. i love this little man face.

17 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your family is so adorable! I love the pictures between all of the wonderful things to be thankful for!

P.S. Where are you guys living? We should get together sometime!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

SO, SO CUTE! Love those family pics! By the way...we miss you guys! Send me an email w/your email address (we went private) to jaikok at yahoo dot com.

Janssen said...

Darling pictures. Also, I can't help but hate you just a teeny tiny bit for living somewhere where you can wear flip flops in January. ;)

Clare said...

We bought my parents' old Camry - that my sister hit a deer with - after we moved to Wisconsin. It's also a 96, but we're nearing 300K miles! It's a good car, and we don't mind the body damage.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What good news and cute pictures! I can't get over how awesome you guys all look.

The Stevens Family said...

Those pics are so cute! I can't believe how tall they both are! We know where they get it though :) Those are all such great things to be grateful for

Kelli Radmall said...

Your new pictures are gorgeous! Van is a real cutie.

Ashley said...

Those are such cute pics. Thanks for sharing! And I just found out I'm having a boy in May...yay for that! Hope Vegas treats you well!

Allie said...

Such cute pictures! And yes...so thankful for healthy kidos :o)

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

wow Iove your family pictures, and your kids are so cute!

Amy said...

Emery and Van seem to get bigger and more cute with every picture I see. I miss you guys so much, and I hope I can see you sometime soon!

Meghan said...

You have such a beautiful family!!! :)

defining amy said...

these are such gorgeous pictures!! how do you get more beautiful every year?? crazy lady. i too LLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE soy. i lived on it when i was in asia and had serious withdrawals when i got back to the states. love you girl!!

Brooke said...

Oh my word Britt. Who took your glorious family pictures? I am in LOVE. You guys are so cute and I'm glad you are doing well. I am so sorry you can't eat dairy! That's awful. P.S. Your hair is looking amazing, it's getting so long. I love it. :)

Kaha Tahi said...

Your kids are SO STINKEN cute! How are you guys doing?

Andrea said...

I love your little man...I found your blog on Mary Lund's blog while looking at her pictures of her new little Millie, and thought I'd leave a message...
our little girl is doing great too...i think about the same age as Van...our blog is alliswells.blogdns.com
you should check it out
-Andrea Wells

Jessica said...

Awesome photos! I love them, and Van has grown a ton since I've last visited your blog. So glad to see that things are going well for you guys! You guys sure have been busy. Enjoy your kiddos!