We got to spend 9 days with my family over Christmas this year! It was so much fun! Here's a quick list of what we did and pics below:
- surprised my parents by coming 2 days early
- hiked Sloan Canyon and to the top of a peak we named "Sheep Poop Peak" - I'm sure you can imagine why
- went to my parent's Ward Christmas program and saw some friends I hadn't seen in forever
- ate yummy Cuban food ala Jer (my bro) with the whole fam including Gma and Gpa Wimmer
- found out my brother Matt, Amy and Miles (2 weeks younger than Em) are moving west, just 2 hours from Vegas. YAHOO!!!
- did our sibling gift exchange and cousin gift exchange (Matt and Amy got us new BPA free Nalgenes out of concern for our health and Ems got a cute shirt and pink sparkly shoes from Abe)
- Aaron climbed at the Craft boulders
- went to the Las Vegas Springs Preserve with Matt, Amy and Miles
- ate at Macayo - the family tradition
- my dad - an awesome cook - treated us to his bacon fried rice, two different stir fries and homemade granola. so good.
- made funeral potatoes, spinach salad, creamed corn and 4 pies for Christmas Eve dinner
- got a new camera for Christmas - it's water proof and even has a "food" setting. rad. thanks mom and dad!
- em got blocks and cool ABC fridge magnets - thanks gma and gpa!
- helped Mel make "terds" for Christmas morning breakfast - my dad named them that. they are little round balls that sort of taste like pancakes but you can fill them with stuff.
- got my dad to play a game of settlers of catan with us (yes this is a miracle if you know my dad). he even liked it!
- went birthday shopping at Target, Nordstrom's Rack and Trader Joe's (whole wheat pasta, quick Indian food and lots of other yummy things I'm too cheap to buy myself)
- saw the nutcracker ballet
- Aaron surprised me by throwing me a surprise bday party. it was so fun to see my friends.
celebrated Em's birthday with mine so the fam could see her dig in to her own cupcake. adorable - but it meant a sugar high 3 1/2 hours past her bedtime
- saw 3 movies. we took Em to 1 of them. bad idea. (my favorite was The Tale of Despereaux - so cute and taught kids such good morals!)
- bought a baby backpack last minute on craigslist for $35. the lady had never used it. sweet deal.
- took Em on a hike to goldstrike hotsprings in the above mentioned pack. she took and nap and almost froze solid all in a few hours time.
- ate at In-n-Out Burger
- stopped in Cedar City to go to Church on the way home and met a nice guy who is helping give Aaron the low down on grad school at SUU (since we may end up there)
dad and i at the top of sheep poop peak
bry and amber - so cute!