Do you ever have those days were you feel like your a good parent? Well, today was one of those days. Actually, it has to be in the top ten days of my life. Britt went to California with some of her friends and I got to stay home with the kids all weekend long. Let me tell you, it was much needed time after pretty much being gone for the past six months because of work. Here is what we did today:
- 9am - 2pm: went hiking in Red Rocks. The kids were so good hiking! You can't help but feel really cool when you are scrambling up rocks with your 1 and 3 year old.
- 2pm - 5pm: build a sand box in the yard. It's amazing how many bags of sand you can fit in the trunk of a Corolla.
- 5pm - 6pm: Ate at CC's Pizza. Yes! Kids 3 and younger eat for free.
- 6pm - 6:30pm: ran through sprinklers.
- 6:30 - 7:30: Went swimming in the pool. We were already wet, so we had to finish the job.
- 7:30pm - 8:30pm baths, wrestling, wrapping Van in a towel and making him laugh so much, via tickling, that he spits up. Whoops...
- 8:30pm: Bed (Emery is sleeping in my bed. hehe).