Monday, June 22, 2009

And I thought she never would...

Those of you who spent any time with Emery and I in the last 6 months probably heard me joke at some point that Emery doesn't speak English. She just didn't seem like that verbal of a kid... until we moved to Cedar City. Suddenly, she figured it out. She went from saying about 10 words to now, 6 weeks later, 100! She surprises me every day with a new word that she apparently knows. It's so fun to watch her grow up and get so smart. She's learning letter sounds too - she knows A, B, D, F, H, L, M, P, R, S, T, W and Z. She loves the ABC song and it's funny to listen to her try and sing it. Her favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus", though. She tries to sing the "round and round" and "up and down" parts of the song and does the actions and always sings the last word in the verse - "town". Too cute. And here are Em's words (and a couple of pics) for journaling sake! (I think I'll stop keeping track next week when she's hits her 18 month mark - it could clearly get ridiculous after that...)

silly girl, cheesy smile

why Emery doesn't like baths with mom - daddy's way more fun


Jesus, fish, down, up, mom, dad, yes, no, dog, duck, what's that?, I don't know, whoa, whoops, uh-oh, where'd it go?, this, those, glasses, dirt, rock, ball, grandma, grandpa, amen, delicious, please, more, bird, bug, yeah!, bath, bubbles, book, egg, pops (corn pops), kix (the cereal), hat, thanks, eyes, mouth, knees, nose, ears, book, toothbrush, brush, hi, buh-bye, poop, bloop (her baby brother), boo, umm..., Miles (her cousin), Abe (her cousin), Russ (her buddy), Jack (her buddy), Mag (my bff), Bek (my bff), Max (from the Max and Ruby book at Grandma's house), out, all done, milk, bike, ni-night, necklace, push, wipes, blocks, hot, bus, snacks, shoe, grass, bounce, pants, ouch, sit, seat, house, keys, sock, yuck

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I missed "Aunt Mary" on that list. Work on it. :)

Kristi said...

Holy cow! I can't imagine Emery saying all those words. I am super excited for her though. I love that she says bloop. So cute. I hope to see her sometime soon, I miss that little cutie. And her mom too, of course!

Brooke said...

Oh how cute! I love that. I can't wait to hear her. Are you kids still planning on coming up for the 4th? I want to see your cute pregnant belly!

Mark & Bek said...

I miss you a lot, which is to be expected. Every time I get to hang out with you it actually makes me miss you more because I remember what I'm missing. Anyway, the funny thing is I miss Emery too. She is such a sweet smart little girly. Love you and Em.

Cari Sorensen said...

Wow!! She is getting SO big and cuter by the day! I cannot believe she is old enough to be saying so much! How adorable! We miss you guys!

The Rust said...

OH cute!!!! I can't wait to see you guys!

andrea said...

miss you!