i realize this was a LONG time coming! sorry! we're still not done, but Aaron will be working to finish some of the last tid bits soon, so i'll post more pics then if needed.
just as a summary, before we bought it our house:
- had no interior doors
- had no carpet
- had no lighting in the bedroom or living areas
- had no water heater
- had a less than wonderful kitchen
- was covered in a thick layer of dirt
- was generally in bad shape
- has all of the above missing items + some
- has ceiling fans in every room
- has all fresh paint
- has all new 2" faux-wood blinds - it's amazing the difference just blinds make
- has no dents or holes in the wall
- we are 1/2 way between UT and CA so we get to have lots of friends and family stay with us. if you haven't yet, please come!!!
- location - we are close to family and everything else we could ever want to be close to, but our neighborhood is quiet at the same time
- the man cave - aka the 2-car garage. :)
- at almost 1800 square feet all 3 bedrooms are HUGE!
- all of the bedrooms have big walk-in closets
- i have 2 full linen closets and a laundry room big enough to put all of the laundry inside and close the door
- not much of a yard to take care of with Aaron as busy as he'll be when he starts with Deloitte next month
- what big windows it has and how well-lit it is for a townhome
we fondly refer to this closet as "the 4th bedroom". seriously. it comfortably fits all of our clothes and more + the pack and play. and it's far enough from our bedroom and behind 2 doors so we won't wake future babies who sleep in there. yahoo!!
before: the kids' bathroom (upstairs)
after: use your imagination. new tub. green walls. brown polka dot shower curtain. cute. pics when it's done!
before: the guest bedroom (Van is here until he an Em can figure out how to operate in the same room)
and this very cute girl said, "mom! take a picture of me too!" after I photographed the closet. we love her.