I'm happy for lots of reasons today!
- 1 - Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving (even though this is in the past... I know!). We got to spend it in Las Vegas this year and it was so fun to be with family! Especially the Larsens this year. My Aunt's youngest is the same age a Em and this is the 1st time they were really the right age to play together. They danced with big cousin Shanae and would have played girly stuff for the rest of their lives, just the two of them, if they could have. Em asked me in the car on the way home today if we could go to Utah to see Demi. So cute. See dancing videos. This little girl has moves!
- 2 - Christmas shopping is almost in the bag. Whew. So relieved. I really got behind with that whole 12 day vacation thing. :)
- 3 - We finally found Emery some pants that fit (which was way worse than Christmas shopping I might add). She's going to be just like her mom - hard to fit. Poor girl. Thank you H&M.
- 4 - The kids got to see Santa today! Van gave him the stink eye the whole time. When we were waiting for our turn I asked Van if he was going to sit with Santa and he simply replied "No". And he didn't. Just stared at him suspiciously the whole time.
- 5 - I'm really happy that my daughter climbed up this tree like Mogli. Her daddy would have been so proud.
- 6 - We've done almost everything we had planned to do on the Wilkinson Christmas Fun Calendar (there's a Christmas activity on the calendar everyday... sometimes I secretly rearrange them because Em can't read. Ha.). It's been crazy around here so I'm just glad we've been able to squeeze in some fun, too. :)
- 7 - Happy to have onion breath from Cuban black beans and yellow rice with balsamic avocado dressing. Whoa. It's been a while. So glad I made this tonight. The kids scarfed it too. It was so fabulously delicious. I think I could just eat a whole bowl of tomatoes drenched in balsamic vinegar.
|Didn't buy the Santa picture, but I did get a picture of them in front of the huge "Dimma Dee!" (Christmas Tree ala Van)|
|popcorn and hot chocolate|