I've always laughed that Wednesday is often referred to as "Hump Day", but it really is a good descriptor! It's the middle of the week, right at the top of the hump, not quite close enough to the weekend. It's the day that makes it feel like it must have been at least 4 days since your almost 2 year old napped (because he's so grumpy... or is that me that's grumpy?...), like you don't have even 1/4 of the things done you need to get done before the end of the week and that it feels like it must be at least another 5 until Friday night when hubby might get off at a decent time.
So to add a little happiness to my Hump Day, here are some things that make me happy. I think I'll do this every Hump Day! I feel better already!
- Making my bed every day. This isn't something I've always been great about, but my new Kohls finds (quilt and euro shams - $30, Britt's happiness - priceless) have given me new motivation. I feel happy about my room every time I walk in and see my bed.
- Missionary opportunities. It turns out opening my mouth is easier than I thought, especially when the Lord keeps handing me people to talk to. I'm so thankful for my testimony of the gospel and the way it grounds me. Even when we understand pieces of Christianity differently, it has been a real blessing to see what peace our Savior brings to people I didn't even realize knew Him.
- My hair. Vain as it sounds, it made me really happy when someone I see weekly at the gym asked if I'd gotten extensions! Maybe it's finally getting long!
- Reading to my kids. They made "beds" under my desk yesterday and we laid under them two different times and just read for a while. Even Van held still.
- Playing raquetball with Aaron. Man, we're bad. But I almost peed my pants laughing. And I won. :)
- Cooler weather. Watching my kids play together on our porch again melts my heart. I'm such a lucky mom.